Friday, February 5, 2010

One Can Never Have Too Much Cheese...

The day had started as what I had thought would be a lazy Sunday--Lydia and I were still in bed at noon, still in our pajamas, and playing around on our computers--when we came up with what we believed was a genius idea: drive to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, snag a few cheese samples, wolf down a chocolate peanut butter waffle ice cream cone and come back home. We used the common excuse: "It's for the FOOD BLOG!!!"

So, we quickly took our showers and jumped in the car immediately. We drove 1 hours and 45 minutes until at last we saw our destination in the foreground, the beautiful blue sign saying "Tillamook Cheese!" We ran inside with as much enthusiasm as most of the 5 year-old's we saw and immediately got in line to get our ice cream cones (Lydia decided that way she would be perfectly content and would not be rushing me through the self guided factory tour). We got very excited in line because they had three new ice cream flavors: peanut butter pie, sticky bun, and cake batter. The cake batter was excellent and very sweet, and the sticky bun really tasted like a cinnamon roll! I had a scoop of the peanut butter pie (peanut butter desserts are my biggest weakness), but I have to say that the chocolate peanut butter is still my all time favorite.

We sampled some cheese, went on the cheese factory tour (which is very fun and informative), I bought a loaf of garlic cheddar and we headed home. I would say our spontaneous cheese adventure was a great success!

2 comments:

Tim said...

the garlic cheddar is quite possibly the greatest cheese known to man.

Tim said...

also, I just went to the Cheese Factory today! I had a grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar and Swiss with tomato soup. it was delicious.